Saturday, December 3, 2011

Medroxyprogesterone-if I quit smoking right in the past I pocket the first dose-will this lower risk of blood clots?

I have lately been prescribed medroxyprogesterone to spring start ovulation since it has not happen for almost 4 months now.
I am not pregnant. I hold taken many blood test which showed up normal. (FSH,LH, Thyroid and Prolactin). I have an ultrasound and it was revealed to me that I own a cyst on my right ovary. I have not have a period for 4 months.
I am 25 yrs out-of-date and have be smoking on and off for around 6 years.
The admonition for taking medroxyprogesterone is that in some occasion, serious side effects were blood clots (in the lungs as economically as the legs, etc) and smokers have a difficult risk of blood clots from taking this medicine.
I own been prescribed medroxyprogesterone 10mg to purloin 1 once a day for 10 days.
My put somebody through the mill is:
If I quit smoking the day until that time I take my first pill and adjectives the way throughout the treatment, which is 10 days long. Will it lower my risk of have a blood clot, or does the risk stay the same since I own already been smoking for 6 years?Medroxyprogesterone-if I quit smoking right in the past I pocket the first dose-will this lower risk of blood clots?
I suppose you should call or move about and speak to the Dr. and tell him you smoke and ask him beforehand starting the medicine. My sister within law died at 24 years of age from a blood clot that go to her heart , yes she smoked and was taking birth control. The Dr. did not know she smoked , I would ask your Dr's guidance not ours.
This sounds like a sound out that you should really ask a doctor. He can probably answer this question over the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment